Chemicals Industry Infographics
Chemicals Fueling Emerging Nations. Deloitte analysis based on data from:
– Business of Chemistry (Annual Data).xls. American Chemistry Council, 2011.
– 2012 Guide to the Business of Chemistry. American Chemistry Council, 2012.
– Global Chemical Outlook. United Nations Environment Programme, 2012.
– World Economic Outlook (WEO) data, IMF: GDP, Deflator. EconStats (http://www.econstats.com/weo/V005.htm). 2 January 2013.
– Yearly Average Exchange Rates for Converting Foreign Currencies into US Dollars. IRS (http://www.irs.gov/Individuals/International-Taxpayers/Yearly-Average-Currency-Exchange-Rates.). 9 January 2013.
– World Bank Indicators – GDP (current US$). The World Bank (http://data.worldbank.org/indicator/NY.GDP.MKTP.CD). 2 January 2012.
– The World Input‐Output Database (WIOD): Contents, Sources and Methods. 7th Framework Programme. April 2012.
– SEA: Socio-Economic Accounts, including industry output, value added, capital stock, wages and employment by skill type.xls. The World Input‐Output Database (http://www.wiod.org/database/sea.htm). November 2011.
– UNIDO Industrial Statistics Database. INDSTAT4 2012 ISIC Rev.3.
Chemicals import and export by country. Deloitte and Maplecroft analysis based on data from: Merchandise trade by commodity – Chemicals products 1995-2011, WTO (http://stat.wto.org/StatisticalProgram/WSDBViewData.aspx?Language=E). 19 December 2012.
Economic impact of new ethane cracker. Deloitte analysis based on data from:
– Norco Refinery. Shell (http://www.shell.us/aboutshell/projects-locations/norco.html). 1 December 201.
– NPR. Shell Picks Pittsburgh Area for Major Refinery. 15 March 2012 (http://www.npr.org/2012/03/16/148702640/shell-picks-pittsburgh-area-for-major-refinery). 1 December 2012.
– ICIS.com. Shell’s new ethylene cracker in Appalachia may be the first of several. 26 August 2011 (http://www.icis.com/Articles/2011/08/29/9488406/shells-new-ethylene-cracker-in-appalachia-may-be-the-first-of.html). 1 December 2012.
– AOL Energy. Regional Impacts Cited as Shell Chooses Site for Massive Petrochemical Complex. 16 March 2012 (http://energy.aol.com/2012/03/16/regional-impacts-cited-as-shell-chooses-site-for-massive-petroch/). 1 December 2012.
– Frac Tracker. Ethylene Cracker Would Contribute Jobs, Air Pollution. 20 January 2012 (http://www.fractracker.org/2012/01/ethylene-cracker-would-contribute-jobs-air-pollution/).
– Morgan, Rachel. Ethane cracker plant could generate 8,000 jobs. Shale Reporter. 18 September 2012 (http://m.shalereporter.com/syndicated/article_28a178e5-fd71-5d92-aa86-f8c90997662b.html).
– Allegheny Conference on Community Development. PELGP Economic Impact Analysis. September 2012.
Dow Micrographic. Source: Deloitte and Dow analysis. The Dow Chemical Company; 2011 Databook: Solutions at Work Dow Databook 2012. Retrieved on 20 December 2012 from http://www.dow.com/sustainability/pbreports/databook.htm.