Securing genomic data in the cloud to support advances in personalized medicine
- Genecloud¹ is a platform and interface which researchers can use to engage with sensitive genomic data in a managed environment that enforces data access policies.
- Genecloud is one of the technologies created by InterTrust, a holding company with the goal of interoperability and access to platforms that allow global communication. Their technologies focus on assuring digital security, data privacy, trusted computing and rights management.
- Researchers can build pipelines based on an assortment of best-in-class analysis tools that are compatible with custom third-party tools.
- Sensitive health and genetic data is accessible to responsible parties using the information for advances in science, while ensuring data privacy and legal frameworks are adhered to.
- Anonymization of data encourages individuals to share genomic data they may previously have been averse to sharing.
- Researchers are not required to overcome trust barriers with a direct subset of customers and instead can rely on second-party data to provide highly personalized information.
- Genecloud is cloud-based software that manages access to sensitive healthcare information including medical and biological data that can be securely accessed by third parties.
1. Source: www.genecloud.com; WEF/Accenture Analysis
Genecloud is one of more than 100 case studies identified as part of the World Economic Forum’s Digital Transformation of Industries initiative. An overview of the DTI program can be found here.