Tracking real-time metrics of customer listening sessions to provide customized music that enables greater levels of concentration
- [email protected]¹ started in Los Angeles in 2011 when founders Will Henshall and John Vitale became interested in why people like to listen to music when they read.
- It is a neuroscience-based audio service that helps in increasing focus by “zoning out” distractions.
- [email protected] instrumented the business completely by real-time tracking of a long list of operational digital traction metrics.
- It includes metrics about consumer behaviour, information comparable to the one stored in the head of an old timekeeper, but now at a global scale.
- To a corporate executive 20 years ago, the list of measurements would have been beyond imagination.
- Success is measured on the basis of the following digital metrics:
- Total users
- New guests within last day
- Total number of personal users
- Percentage of new personal users vs new guests within last day
- New personal user registrations within the last day
- Total Pro1 subscribers
- New Pro subscribers within last day
- %-age of new Pro subscribers
- Total cash receipts
- Cash receipts within last 30 days
- Cash receipts within last day
- [email protected] uses the internet and cloud to track the usage patterns of consumers, and gather data on key digital traction metrics to provide more customized sessions.
- It enables customers to track and rate their own productivity at the end of each session to monitor their progress.
[email protected] is one of more than 100 case studies identified as part of the World Economic Forum’s Digital Transformation of Industries initiative. An overview of the DTI program can be found here.
1. Pro refers to a premium subscription; Sources: Exponential Organizations by Salim Ismail, focusatwill.com, WEF/Accenture Analysis