Enabling companies to launch new data driven business models, reduce costs and mitigate risks
- Headquartered in Palo Alto, California, Cloudera¹ is a software company that started operations in 2008.
- Revenues for Cloudera in 2014 were approximately $100 million and it currently employs more than 1,000 people.
- It provides Apache Hadoop-based software, training, support and services to business customers and delivers a platform for data management and analytics.
- Cloudera’s open source integrated big data platform provides companies with one place to store, process and analyse all their data. The platform is community-driven, offers rapid innovation to customers and is easily scalable.
- Cloudera’s combined offering of differentiated software, support, training, professional services and indemnity brings value to customers quickly and at a low total cost of ownership.
- Cloudera has the largest ecosystem of technology and channel partners, with more than 1,900 members.
- Recurring subscription software revenue growth accelerated year on year by approximately 100%, with software subscribers growing by more than 85%. Total revenue for Cloudera has surpassed $100 million and analysts estimate a revenue increase of approximately 86% in 2015.
- Cloudera’s valuation has more than quintupled from approximately $700 million in 2012 to approximately $5 billion in 2015.
- Cloudera through its big data platform, helps clients deliver customized retail offerings, churn reduction, launch new data-driven business models, risk mitigation, cost reduction, etc.
- Cloudera partnered with Udacity (offering massive open online courses) to fulfil global demand for Hadoop professionals, having trained more than 50,000 people on Hadoop development.
- With more partners than any other Hadoop vendor and the only provider with a technology certification program, Cloudera ensures consistency, reliability and tight integration with enterprise environments.
- Cloudera Connect Partner Program, is more than 2,000 companies-strong and is designed to champion partner advancement and solution development for the big data ecosystem.
Cloudera is one of more than 100 case studies identified as part of the World Economic Forum’s Digital Transformation of Industries initiative. An overview of the DTI program can be found here.
1. Sources: Cloudera, WEF/Accenture DTI Expert interview (October 2015)