Providing car-pooling to an exclusive community in order to improve security
- Caronetas¹ is a Brazil based online platform promoting car-pooling with a twist of providing its service to an exclusive community of corporate members and their authenticated employees.
- The service only allows participation by authenticated users to add an additional layer of security and reliability – addressing possible trust barriers to access-based, peer-to-peer models in emerging markets.
- The company has a goal of reducing car usage by at least 10% in all of Brazil’s major cities.
- Increased trust & security – users of the service can only be employees of member companies, which have been securely authenticated via their corporate email address.
- Social networks – users with similar social networks can also find car-pooling rides, but are not considered as secure as corporate members.
- 900+ companies registered in its first year of business.
- Reached 250,000 employees through its corporate customers.
- Environmentally sustainable initiative reducing air pollution and CO2 emissions.
- Company members include: EY, Bayer and Court of Rio Grande do Sul.
- All Brazilian companies may register, regardless of size, location, type or number of employees.
- Financial incentives – Caronetas operates on virtual currency and monetary rewards that take multiple forms (e.g. Vouchers, gift cards to shop at partner stores).
Caronetas is one of more than 100 case studies identified as part of the World Economic Forum’s Digital Transformation of Industries initiative. An overview of the DTI program can be found here.
1. Source: www.caronetas.com.br; WEF/Accenture Analysis