Bridging the digital and physical worlds through visual recognition and augmented reality
- Launched in 2011, Blippar’s¹ business model is built around integrating digital and physical worlds and creating unique digital experiences using visual recognition and augmented reality.
- Brands can use Blippar’s technology to design games, surveys and offers specific to their products, delivered in real-time through the user’s smartphone.
- Blippar is a visual browser, harnessing augmented reality and image-recognition technology to bring the physical world to life through smartphones, tablets and wearables.
- Blippar enables brands, publishers and agencies to use their products, packaging, newspapers, magazines, and merchandising to activate interactive digital content, which users unlock by ‘looking’ at it through the app.
- The company has achieved high growth and currently partners with over 1,000 brands.
- Blippar has raised $45 million in funding up till March, 2015.
- The company saw revenues grow 45% from £3.1 million in 2013 to £4.72 million in 2014.
- The company uses proprietary visual discovery, augmented reality and deep learning, to enable brands to create personalized digital interactions with physical products.
- The company targets direct relationships with some of the largest consumer goods manufacturers in the world including Coca-Cola, Nestle, P&G, Jaguar, Heinz and Pizza Hut.
Source: www.blippar.com; WEF/Accenture Analysis
Blippar is one of more than 100 case studies identified as part of the World Economic Forum’s Digital Transformation of Industries initiative. An overview of the DTI program can be found here.